Now that you are clear on what a retraction entails, I would like to explain why I would like to make one. On a previous post of mine, I shared the wonderful news of receiving an internship with The Children's Hospital in Birmingham for the Spring 2010 semester. After further discussion with the communications staff at Children's, they wanted me to start mid semester.
**In the meantime, I received an e-mail from the contact I had met at Glenwood Autism and Behavioral Health Center in Birmingham, AL.**
So, before heading home for Christmas break, I interviewed with staff members at Glenwood and discussed a Spring internship with the organization. After waiting a few weeks, I finally received a call informing me that I had been chosen as their intern for the ENTIRE Spring 2010 semester. I was extremely excited to hear this news because I feel this will be a great opportunity for me to experience the nonprofit side of public relations. With that being said, I retract my statement from my previous post. I will not be working at Children's but at Glenwood Autismn and Behavioral Health Center. There.
About Glenwood:
- It is the oldest and largest autism health provider in the state of Alabama.
- It was established in 1973 and is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit autism and behavioral health center.
- It provided services for more than 7,000 individuals from Alabama this year, through its 20 plus services including diagnostic and assessment services, vocational training, supportive employment, residential, and supportive home living.
- Glenwood Autism and Behavioral Health Center accepts ongoing donations from corporations and individuals at http://www.glenwood.org/od.org or via mail to: Glenwood Autism Donations, 150 Glenwood Lane, Birmingham, AL 35242-5700.
Not only was Monday the first day of my new internship but it was the first day of my last semester of college. WOW! I can't even believe it. It feels bittersweet to me. I am already feeling sad about leaving my "home" in a few months and embarking on a new journey in a world that is much bigger outside of Tuscaloosa. Last night, I found myself sitting on our huge sectional sofa in the Phi Mu house, watching American Idol on our huge flat screen TV with several of my sorority sisters. This is an occurrence that happens EVERY night. Maybe not the American Idol part but all of us sitting together "couching it" as we call it. But, it seemed that all at once we realized that this would all be over in a matter of months and we wouldn't be able to come in everyday from long days of school, classes and work just to relax and spend time together. What a bummer right!? But enough about the sad stuff.. This semester is going to be great and I am going to enjoy every second of it!! So, I'll leave you with pictures of things that I will miss the most about college:
1. SPRING BREAK


2. Ahhh the parties/swaps...


3. Game days


and much more.. These are just a few of my favorite things!
Until next time, this is me lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment