Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Has Sprung


A little late sharing but what can I say? SBK10 was a blast! I definitely went out with a BANG, I must say. I went to Destin, FL with some of my closest friends (16 of them to be exact) for the entire week.



I did the typical spring break regimen everyday which consist of sleeping, eating, laying out, going out, sleeping, eating and pretty much being a worthless human being. A waste of perfectly good space was exactly what I wanted to be and I have to say my mission was a complete success.

Now I have been back to school for a few weeks and the next BIG event to look forward to is most definitely graduation. I will graduate from The University of Alabama on May 8th in the Coleman Coliseum at 9 a.m. Whoa!! I can't believe I am almost there. Its such a surreal feeling to know that at exactly this time next year I will be working an 8-5 job, 5 days a week. Yikes. That's a scary and exciting thought all at the same time. (I just can't wait to start paying back those student loans! Yes! *spoken with much sarcasm*)

Currently, I am hot and heavy on the job search..
**Dear Employers, You want to hire me! I will do great work for you and your company needs my expertise! I will graduate from the #1 PR program in the nation. That's a pretty big deal!** =)

Anyways, I'm planning on moving to Birmingham at some point after graduation. Hopefully this summer (that's if I have successfully found work), but if not this summer definitely in the fall. Geeez, the older you get, the quicker time passes by! Weekends used to be as far as I could see but now everything is "next month," "in the Fall," "next year," and "two years from now." Why is that? My parents always told me that "time flies" and I didn't believe them, but now I am a believer.

Also, Happy late Easter! Spring has sprung and I am so excited! Bring on the heat. I'm so tired of cold weather I can hardly stand it.. And I know in just a few short months I will be begging for winter to make its return! Its just a vicious cycle. But my Easter holiday was fantastic. I went home to to visit with family and friends and to enjoy my mother's famous potato salad (the secret is to use "new" potatoes) and baked, honey glazed ham. Oh how I love traditions! Here's a photo from Easter Sunday of me and the parental units! Happy Spring Y'all!

Until next time, this is me lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment